Finally home from LEGOLAND and really glad to be back home! We had a great time, especially Zachary, and took tons of pictures. He did his first real rollercoasters and loved them! That's my boy!

While I enjoyed it too and enjoyed all the bonding we all did, the heat almost did me in both days. The first day we had to leave around 4 because I was in the beginning stages of heat exhaustion, but it was time to check into the hotel anyhow and soon had to go get dinner. I had to drink lots of water and then went to sleep until 6:30ish. I could have slept straight through the night!

When we got home from dinner (mmm…Olive Garden!), Aaron, Zachary and I went swimming in the pool and Zach started swimming on his own for the first time! It wasn't great, but it's a start. I'm so proud of him for that. He's terrified of learning to swim because he's afraid he'll go underwater (he doesn't like water in his face because of the Asperger's Syndrome, it's just one of his quirks). But after we cooled off for a little while we went and showered and went to bed.

Day 2 went a little better. We had passes to the waterpark there and got a cabana that came with 10 bottles of cold water and 2 towels and privacy. We went back every time we started to get overheated and went swimming or played in the wave pool or floated on the lazy river. Then we'd go back out and do some more stuff. We spent our last few hours at the waterpark and then around 5:30 storms rolled in and everything closed down. Zach was really upset about it because he and his Dad were next in line to ride a waterslide and they denied them and made them walk back down because of lightning in the area. I felt so bad because he cried about it. He was really looking forward to doing that. 🙁

The drive home was uneventful. Zach and I sat in the back and I dozed off for a little while then woke up and watched a movie with Zach on the computer. Shortly after that we arrived home exhausted. We showered, ate a little something, then went to bed. I haven't slept that well in what seems like forever! I tried to get up with Aaron this morning and just couldn't do it. But I did get up around 8:30 and got going.

Today is going to be a day of rest and relaxation as far as I'm concerned. I'm not doing much besides a little bit of laundry and checking my schedule for work. God I hope I don't have to work tonight!

Well, we are now broke. We overspent and now things are going to be REALLY lean for the next week and a half. Thank God we have some room on our credit cards to get us through it. So anything we do in the next week will have to be free, again. But it was money well spent anyhow. It's something we'll never do again. And it's memories that will last a lifetime for all of us. 🙂

So that's it from here. Gotta go feed the animals and do the laundry and call work to see about my shifts for the week. I hope everyone is having a good week and that it continues into the next few days. Missed you all and glad to be back.

1 Comment
  1. Silent_Sigh 8 years ago

     Reading about your good times has really cheered me up. Thank you so much for sharing. I’m so happy that you had a wonderful few days and created some amazing memories. 

    0 kudos

Leave a reply

© 2021 WebTribes Inc. | find your tribe

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account