– You write your own destiny through the choices you make. You become what you repeatedly do. It is more important to know where you are going and why, than to get there quickly. Do not mistake activity for achievement. Every time you are tempted to react to the same old circumstances in the same old way, ask yourself, “Do I want to be a prisoner of the past, or a pioneer of the future?”
- True happiness comes from within, not from someone else. Don’t make the mistake of waiting on someone or something to come along and make you happy.
- Don’t choose the one who is beautiful to the world, choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
- If you feel like your ship is sinking, it might be a good time to throw out the stuff that’s been weighing it down. Let go of people who bring you down, and surround yourself with those who bring out the best in you.
- Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don’t expect others to read your mind, and don’t play games with their heads and hearts. Don’t tell half-truths and expect people to trust you when the full truth comes out. Half-truths are no better than lies. And don’t ignore someone you care about, because lack of concern hurts more than angry words.
- Lies help no one in the long run. So… 1) Don’t say “I love you” if you don’t mean it. 2) Don’t say “I understand” if you have no clue. 3) Don’t say “I’m sorry” if you’re not. 4) Be honest with yourself and your loved ones.
- Tell the truth, or eventually someone will tell it for you. Read
- Good relationships don’t just happen; they take time, patience and two people who truly want to work to be together.
- Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.
- Love doesn’t hurt. Lying, cheating and screwing with people’s feelings and emotions hurts.
- When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option but a priority. Loyalty is everything.
- A great relationship is about two things: First, appreciating the similarities, and second, respecting the differences.
The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery 4-CD Set