1. Money isn't made out of paper, it's made out
2. The Declaration of Independence was written on
hemp (marijuana) paper. 3. The dot over the letter i is called a ‘tittle’.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne
will bounce up and down continuously from the
bottom of the glass to the top. (that makes my
5. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
6. 40% of Mc Donald's profits come from the
sales of Happy Meals.
7. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were
8. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor, who
had red eyes. He was albino.
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the
wrong parents, daily. (Just as I suspected))
10. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are
brother and sister. 11. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous
system; a few ounces will kill a small-sized
12. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by
torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from
underneath, causing the shark to explode.
13. Most lipstick contains fish scales…(eeww).
14. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because
he doesn't wear pants. (The Little Perv.) 15. Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as medicine. 16. Upper and lower-case letters are named
'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when
all original print had to be set in individual
letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored
in the case on top of the case that store the
smaller, 'lower case' letters.
17. Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand
and draw with the other at the same time,
hence, multi-tasking was invented.
18. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given
out during World War II were made of wood.
19. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter
Pan; there was never a recorded Wendy before!
21. There are no words in the dictionary that
rhyme with: orange, purple, or silver!
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it
took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips. 23. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will
make it instantly go mad and 24. The mask
used by Michael Myers in the origin
'Halloween' was a Captain Kirk's mask painted
25. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and
four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have
the largest amount of money in coins without
being able to make change for a dollar. (good
26. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your
back, you can't sink in quicksand (and you
thought this list was completely useless.)
27. The phrase 'rule of thumb' is derived from an
old English law, which stated that you couldn't
beat your wife with anything wider than your
28. The first product Motorola started to develop
was a record player for automobiles. At that
time, the most known player on the market was
the Victrola, so they called themselves
29. Celery has negative calories! It takes more
calories to eat a piece of celery than the
celery has in it to begin with. It's the same
30. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep
you from crying!
31. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is
for being the book most often stolen from
33. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans
before they go into space because passing wind
in a space suit damages it. (I NEED TO
34. George Carlin said it best about Martha
Stewart. " Boy, I feel a lot safer now that
she's behind bars. O.J. Simpson and Kobe
Bryant are still walking around; Osama Bin
Laden too, but they take the ONE woman in
America willing to cook, clean, and work in the yard, and they haul
her off to jail.