I'm back from my vacation! : D  I had stayed a week in Virginia with my boyfriend and his family.  And for those of you here who were worried, everything went just fine.  Well, the trip had its ups and downs, but we all got along great at least. : )

The first day was very hectic.  This was my very first plane trip not being a minor and since security is so tight these days, I had to do a lot of things on my own.  I got through the Indianapolis International Airport just fine, but the Dulles Airport was as confusing as heck!  Since my boyfriend (Phil) and his mom were at another building where they couldn't go any further and I didn't even know I was supposed to take a shuttle to it at first, I was extremely stressed, confused, and anxious.  What's worse was that I must've been coughed on at least five times which only made things way worse for me.  I was more than relieved when I was finally able to reach them.  From there, we went to Taco Bell and then to his house, where we just relaxed the rest of the day.

The next day, his mom dropped us off at the movies and we watched "Wall-E", which was a very cute movie BTW. ; )  After that, we went shopping at Fair Oaks Mall, where I bought a new pair of sunglasses, since mine had somehow broke.  I also bought a T-shirt of one of my favorite shows, "iCarly". 

The next day was probably our biggest.  We went to Kings Dominion, a big theme park in Richmond, Virginia.  We arrived around 10:00 AM and stayed until about 8:00 PM.  It was supposed to rain that day, so a lot of people didn't go.  Turns out, it didn't rain at all, so we got a nice not-very-crowded day at the theme park.  Well, most of it was nice anyway.  It started off pretty bad.  Phil and I had been waiting in line for quite a while to ride their newest roller coaster, The Dominator.  When it was about our turn to finally get on, the ride got stuck so we all had to leave.  (We went on later and it was ironically totally lame.)  Since there was no line at any of the other coasters, we decided to go on all of them at least once.  We actually went on the Rebel Yell six times and the Hurler four times!  Shockwave was probably our favorite, which we went on three times.  We also enjoyed Flight of Fear and Anaconda, too.  Grizzly was lame though.  We also went on one of the log flume rides and we went to the water park portion, where we had a great time at.  The kids there were (for some reason) really interested in talking to me.  Guess they like Indiana out in Virginia.  So overall, I had a great time there.  I got horrible blisters on my feet though…

The next day, we took it easy again as the previous day was really long.  Phil and I mainly watched DVDs I brought over and played video games, which I beat him in.

The next day, we went to two more malls: Tysons Corner and Tysons 2 down the road.  Both malls were multiple levels (like Fair Oaks had been) and they were also both quite nice.  I bought a really cute halter top for half off at Old Navy and we ate lunch at TGI Fridays there.

The next day, his mom drove he, me, and his little sister up to Washington DC to go to the national zoo.  The zoo was bad.  Sure the pandas were cute and the porcupines were totally awesome, but that was it.  The zoo was all uphill (which I'm not used to as my state is flat), my feet were still totally blistered up from Kings Dominion, I about lost it when everyone kept coughing on me (again), it was intensely hot, the lines were really long, no animal exhibits were on the main path, and non of the animals were even out doing anything.  Even the cheetahs didn't like the heat!  And Washington DC itself is a madhouse where everyone breaks the law driving.  You'd think they wouldn't do that in the nation's capital, where there's police everywhere.  Weird.  We were all more than relieved to get back to the house.

The next day was my last day there.  I packed everything up and we all went back to Dulles so I could fly home.  We said our good-byes and I left.  Surprisingly, both airports went very well for me this time.  It was way easier getting around, and no one coughed on me for once!

Overall, I had a great time.  Although the trip definitely had its downs as well.  Phil's mom actually knows a lot about OCD as her mom actually had it and she's had friends with it.  Apparently, she feels really sorry for me and thinks I should not go untreated, like what my mom's doing to me.

Oh, I also learned when I got back that I most likely have acid reflux when I started choking on my own stomach acid when I was eating fries.  What a way to be welcomed back…

  1. Flaky 14 years ago

    Iwannabefree: Thanks!  And yeah, Phil's mom is very nice.  She also knew before I went there that I have OCD, so she wasn't expecting me to be totally and completely normal.  Their house was very clean, so I was pretty much fine there.

    jackie4030: Thanks!  I should be on here a lot more often now that I'm back.  I have a friend who may be coming by later this summer, too, and I may go down to Texas.  But in the meantime, I'm staying here at the house. : )

    0 kudos
  2. bluebuddha 14 years ago

    -Glad you had a great time.


    0 kudos
  3. Flaky 14 years ago

    Yeah, I can't wait to go back! : D

    0 kudos
  4. Flaky 14 years ago

    Thanks!  I was so relieved that the airport was so much easier the second time around!  There was also a nice family there that are from an area we actually almost moved to that were very helpful there.  It's a good thing, too, since this was also my first flight where we had to board the plane from outside.  It was definitely confusing, but it all worked out. : )

    0 kudos

Leave a reply

© 2022 WebTribes Inc. | find your tribe

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account