Zachary started summer camp today. At first he was really nervous because he was afraid he wouldn't know anyone, but when we got there he immediately recognized another child that had been in his class this past year. That took all the jitters out of him and I had to ask him to come give me a hug goodbye. 🙂

Heidi was a complete angel today. She was a joy to be around and spend time with. We went shopping and I bought her a beautiful little dress for $10 and a shirt for me for $6, then went to pick up my paycheck and did some minor grocery shopping, and for our final stop we went to the library to rent a movie. We rented "Brave" which turned out to be really surprising and good. We also drew and colored together and fed the ibis that came up to the house. There were 7 of them! They came by twice to beg for bread.

Overall it was a good day. I developed a bad headache though by about 1 o'clock in the afternoon, so I was relieved at 2ish when Michelle came home and I was able to go pick up Zachary from summer camp. I went and got him and he had the gall the yell at me for picking him up "early"! This morning he wanted me to pick him up at 1 p.m.! "That's before I knew I would have that much fun," he said.

So I got home and all that was on my mind was lying down to go to sleep on the couch for awhile so I could get rid of the headache. But right then I got a text from my student telling me they were on their way over for her lesson this afternoon. I groaned in defeat and took some more ibuprofen and hoped for the best.

My student arrived and they handed mea Japanese maple tree sapling that they had bought me. It's so beautiful! So they came upstairs and unpacked and we had a good violin lesson. She's coming along so fast and I'm so proud of her! She's almost finished with her latest song, and she completed her third scale today. We started working on her fourth. Pretty soon I'm going to have to start teaching her minor scales as well.

I thanked them profusely for the Maple tree and walked them out when it was over, and then I came back up, watered the tree because it was dry and then immediately laid down on the couch. My husband decided that it meant that I was free to talk, so he came over and rambled at me and questioned me about my day as well. I finally told him I loved him but just wanted to sleep so he kissed me and then left me to rest. I passed out and didn't move again until he woke me up for dinner. I ate dinner but felt like a zombie, and now I'm just awaiting the time thatI can shower and crawl into bed again. I feel like I've been run over by a truck or something else massive. I'm not sick, just really tired out. Maybe it was from the stress I had about watching Heidi yesterday evening and this morning, or maybe it was the running around we did. Whatever the case I'm ready to conk out.

Our dryer died today. I came home to find the porch with a clothesline stretched across in and clothes the entire length of it. I hope we can get it fixed soon ~ it's hard to dry laundry outside in the humidity here. That and it's a long process. I haven't done that since I was a kid.

Our duck brood is back again today. They're starting to separate off from one another and the mother. Soon they'll start to fly and then I don't know if we'll see them again. The idea makes me sad, I've become very attached to watching them grow up.

The Sanhill Cranes were also in several times today. They came in this afternoon while I was home and their chick is almost full grown too. His adult colors are coming in and his legs are starting to grow a darker color. I wonder if it's a boy or girl ~ they look so similar that I can't tell the difference unless they're standing in a group. The boys are slightly larger. Soon they won't be coming in any more either. They won't have a voracious chick to feed.

Well, it's finally time to put my son to bed, so I'm going to end this soon. I have another full day with Heidi again tomorrow, and then the rest of the week it's just me. Then next week I'll have Monday through Thursday… Did I mention I hate getting up early? That's the worst part of all of this ~ I have to run out the door before I can even get a whole cup of coffee down. Luckily though there is a computer than I can use at their house, so I can still somewhat follow my morning routine.

That's it from me today, I'm bushed. Have a good night all and blog again tomorrow probably. (((HUGS)))

1 Comment
  1. Andie372 9 years ago

     So glad Zach got settled in to camp so well.  I remember getting yelled at when I tried to pick my kids up early from the after school program!  Ha, now they're all grown.  Brian's 27 and Rachel's 18.  She's Miss Independent now and doesn't need me, lol.  She goes off to school and off to her BF's just giving me a drive by kiss.  Is Heidi your relative?  How old is she?  It was nice of you to buy her a dress!  So cool you got one for $10.  I understand why you will feel sad when the ducks fly away.  That's nature's way, though, and we cannot change it.  Hope your day is a good one.

    0 kudos

Leave a reply

© 2022 WebTribes Inc. | find your tribe

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account