I\'ve decided to use my tendencies toward stubborness to my advantage. I am going to focus on the positives in my life, and use the power behind that to ignore the negative. This list is doing just that: ignoring the negative aspects and only mentioning the good stuff. Nearly everything on here can be turned into a negative if I CHOOSE… so I\'m choosing differently now. Those negatives are assholes anyway, so why bother with them?? 😉
My running list of things I\'m grateful for…
– sweet innocence of children, with their big eyes and honest curiosity
– my caring, amazing friend who gives kindness & support endlessly
– the random and heartwarming chat with a lovely veteran
– holding a baby today & making her smile
– connecting with a lonely senior and having both of our days brightened
– being told about a great source of inspirational images that stir my heart
– my shoulder is feeling pretty good today
– having a job that makes me smile daily (the kids)
– family that cares about me & my safety
– the sun on my face
– breathing fresh air out in nature
– for allowing myself to see the mystery of life.. I\'m excited to find out how I will choose to use my current regrets as my stepping stones
– the skills I\'ve gained by running my business full time
– my friend\'s laugh
– tiny little boy who sat down super close beside me to talk about toys, despite not knowing me at all
– the warmth I feel from the kids\' parents
– my (generally) incessant curiosity & positivity
– going to bed relatively early
– seeing my dad today
– being able to see the positive today after being sideswiped with one of my greatest fears of the moment
– using that fear to propel myself
– my new juicer!
– making juicing into a daily aspect of my life
– the little 1 yr old I don\'t know seeking me out to grab my finger, so I could walk with her. adorable.
– my car – it\'s always worked so well for me
– being reminded of an old acquaintance today (physiotherapist) who I shared many great chats with & who encouraged me while I started my business
– the way I can get so easily choked up by beautiful moments/connections. I get that from my Mom and even just acknowledging that makes me tear up and smile.
– that I\'ve gone two weeks today as a non-smoker – and I haven\'t even really bitched about it that much!
– for the serendipity of life and the paths I\'m presented daily. Life really is an adventure when I choose to see that.
– for having lots of fresh clean water to drink
… to be continued…