Well every day I wake up and say to myself, I'm not going to have any panic attacks today, no anxiety and I don't give a sh*t what happens, it's all in my head anyway.
Stuff I quit doing:
1 – watching or reading the news – stressed me out, so I quit
2 – watching scary shows/movies – don't need that fight or flight response triggeredfor something on a screen.
3 – dieting – all women diet, all women worry about stupid crap we shouldn't worry about. I've lost weight by NOT dieting… go me!
4 – Carrying my cell phone around with me – Sometimes I even turn it OFF!
5 – Making long to do lists – I can only do what I can do and thats it!
6 – Forget to take my meds – If I only do one thing every day, this is it.
7 – Volunteer because I feel obligated – I still volunteer, but only for stuff I want to do, not because I "don't want hurt feelings" or whatever.
Stuff I started doing:
1. Napping – If I'm tired, I nap. Yep, just like that.
2. Snuggle my kid – he's 15, its a struggle, but I still see him smile out of the corner of his mouth as I wrestle him down to the ground just to get a hug. lol
3. Let the dog lick me – even on the face. She loves it! It kind of smells like doody, but that is what face wash is for.
4. Take an hour bath – why not? Sometimes I combine this with napping.
5. Listen to others – I have lots to say, don't get me wrong, but listening seems so much more satisfying nowadays.
6. Praying – God does listen, and God does speak in so many different ways. Makes me feel special and good to know that God loves little ol me. Why me? I don't know, but I'm glad he does.
7. Just go with it – I stepped in slush up to my ankle the other day, my husband looked shocked and said, are you OK? I said yeah, I'm just gonna go with it.
8. Allow others to suffer if that is their choice – I try to help, but I don't force it on anyone. They have free will and if their choice is to cause themselves to suffer… so be it.
9. Talk to my friends in Anxiety Tribe – I love it here. Feels good to help and to be helped by people who "get it".
10. Randomly act silly – yeah, my kidwas mortified when I chased him around the storewearing a squishy ball for a hat, but hey, those are the good times he'll recall when he tells stories to his kids.
11. Exercise – Any kind is good, just get up and do something, I like to walk to funky music, sometimes I sing, but only when others aren't around cuz I don't want to scaresmall children or animals.
So thats it, that is what I have been doing to help my anxiety. And lemme tell ya, it has been helping. I seem to be happier and a LOT less stressed.
Well God Bless and I hope this inspires some of you to make some positive life changes as well, that is if you haven't already.