So my ex’s offer on a house got approved. Pending the appraisal and inspection she should be looking to move out of my place and into hers by sometime in April. If you haven’t read my previous blogs I should mention that my ex’s son and mother also live with us. I have mixed emotions about them leaving. I’m not just losing a girlfriend, I’m in essence losing a family.
I know in the grand scheme of things this is the best for both me and her. Right now with us still living together it’s a very slow and agonizing break up. I am a little upset because I know once she moves out she will have the freedom to openly date this guy from work that she has been talking to ever since our relationship went south. I’m trying to get myself to focus on getting myself better and to not fixate so much on what she’s doing, but as anyone knows who is reading this thinking that way is easier said than done.
I can’t explain how difficult it has been living with her weeks turning into months after the initial break-up. I think what makes things worse is that it’s coming up to the date that I was originally going to propose to her this year. I guess there’s a part of me that wants to hold on to this as much as I can before it truly is 100% over with. At the same time, though, it almost seems like this slow break up is hurting me a lot more. Either way all of this is a lose/lose situation for me.
I also want to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to read this. I especially want to thank Delane for being my biggest supporter on this site