A Daughter’s Perspective Towards her Mother:
1. You should not feel entitled that your children owe you anything for conceiving them & giving them life, but thankful & appreciative that they are a part of your life
2. You are the only thing that has stopped yourself from obtaining a job or anything else you wanted out of life
3. Never ever admit to your children that you do not know how to fix your own marriage and expect them to provide you with the answers
4. Never ever show your children that it is okay to disrespect others or to be treated with disrespect
5. Never ever blame your problems on your children
6. Never ever attempt to make your children choose between their parents
7. Never ever try to make one child outshine another for your own pride
8. Your children should never feel guilty for your problems
9. Never ever let your children suffer in the same way or worse than how you suffered as a child
10. Always admit & apologize when you are in the wrong
What A Daughter Wishes To Ask Her Own Mother:
1. If you made the choice to be a stay-at-home mother, then why do you complain about having to do the laundry, make dinner and clean while your husband brings home an income?
2. Why do you think that everything you say and do is the right way to do things?
3. Why do you go to church one day a week & forget about your religious teachings for the rest of the week?
4. Why do you burden your children with empty threats if they don’t do what you tell them at that second?
5. Why do you demand things to be done instead of asking for them politely?
6. Why do you expect that everything should be done for you just b/c you’ve had everything handed to you on a silver platter since you got married?
7. Why do you live your life through your children’s lives just b/c you can’t live your life the way you want?
8. Why is having a social life with people from your past more important than your current life with your children?
9. Why do you think it is more important to clean a house than to spend time with your children?
10. Why do you not tell your children that you love them everyday?
A Daughter’s Perspective On What You Can Do To Be A Better Mother:
1. Be a mother that your children can look up to, idolize & be proud of
2. Show affection verbally/physically towards your children & loving emotions
3. Understand that personal sacrifices have to be made in order to make your children your first priority
4. Understand that life can be taken away at any moment
5. Create "family time" at least once a week
6. Show your children that men and women have equal abilities to do household chores & caregiving
7. Take the time to get to know your children
8. Spend quality, not quantity time with your children
9. Share your life skills with your children before it’s too late
10. Don’t ever abuse your children emotionally, mentally or physically