I've been keeping quite busy and keeping my schedule very full in order to avoid the thoughts and feelings of depression, but today is one of those days where it's a weekday, so everyone is either working or busy with something else and there's nothing exciting going on anywhere nearby. I've been keeping distracted by constantly moving moving moving, so I decided I'd fill my morning agenda with time-consuming, yet relaxing activities. Now I feel relaxed, healthy AND pretty, so I'm going to share my regime just in case any of you out there need a spa day as well. I'm also going to include a recipe for a really great homemade exfoliating sugar scrub.
Okay. First, I got up and had a cup of coffee and a banana while I read some more of a book that I got into last night. Then, I made my sugar scrub so that I could take a fancy elaborate shower, and this is the recipe:
- First mix 2 cups of brown sugar and 2 cups of granulated sugar together in a bowl
- Next, add 1 cup of canola or olive oil, as well as 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Mix it all together until it is a consistent texture and is all light brown (beak up any dark brown clumps and stir them in)
- Separate into class jars and containers and enjoy! Will keep for about 2 months if well-sealed.
After that, I made sure everything was set up in my bathroom and that I had everything I needed. I even lit a few candles on the countertops. And now I present to you the steps needed to take the best shower ever:
- Start with thoroughly shampooing your hair. Being a little gluttonous with your shampoo and get your hair really foam-y before you rinse.
- Next, spread a healthy amount of conditionerthrough your hair and DO NOT RINSE. Move on to step 3.
- While your conditioner is sitting, lather up a wash cloth with your favorite body wash (I prefer body washes to bar soap. Bar soap dries out my skin.) and clean every nook and cranny.
- After you've rinsed yourself off, rinse and comb the conditioner out thoroughly using your fingertips.
- Next, get a big scoop of your exfoliating sugar scrub and use your hands to scrub your arms, shoulders, back, torso, and legs with it. (If you shave your legs, do so BEFORE this step using a five blade razor and shaving cream, not gel, for best results.).
- Rinse off the scrub and quickly wash yourself using your hands and a little squirt of body wash just to get any excess oils off from the scrub.
- Your shower is complete and you should feel clean and silky smoothe!
After my shower, I blow dried my hair after putting in heat protectant serum and it came out silky smoothe and bouncy. I also applied Banana Boat self-tanner all over for a healthy glow and now I feel positively radiant! All I need to do now is paint my nails and I'm all set!
Usually I feel like I need to be wearing a lot of makeup and hair product to look good, but after taking such thorough care of myself today, I feel pretty enough to go out looking just how I am. It was a great use of my time and I would highly recommend it to anyone that needs a distraction and wants to try taking better care of themselves. I can only imagine how good it would feel after some yoga or a good workout. Maybe I'll try it that way next time!